As an expert-based business owner, getting more eyes on your offers and ears to your message is a big part of client attraction. So of course, podcasts are a valuable strategy to grow your reach. But the trick is, how do you get a podcast host to book you on their show?
You might turn to a podcast booking service, which will help you free up time. But, these services aren’t always effective (and I really want you to be successful) so I turned to one of my favorite podcast booking services to find out what’s working right now.
On Amplify Your Success Podcast episode 279, Julie Fry of Your Expert Guest, joins and we take you behind the scenes to share how to get more bookings on top podcasts.
Join us in the Amplify Your Authority FREE Facebook Group to learn more strategies to stop being a best-kept secret and stand out as an industry go-to authority.
- [4:46] Julie updates us on the latest number of published podcasts in the world and some stats on her client who generates 80% of her business from podcasts.
- [7:07] Why there are so many bad pitches to be a guest on a podcast (and how to fix this fast.)
- [10:46] I reveal my antidote to the onslaught of pitches from podcast booking services
- [15:36] The importance of knowing how a podcast host likes to be pitched (and following that process.)
- [18:54] Julie and I discuss the importance of vetting potential guests, and how social media plays an important role in whether they get booked or not.
- [24:03] Why follow up is important, and how to time your follow-up so you aren’t annoying the host.
- [29:35] How to be the best guest, and get asked back over and over again.
- [32:58] An often overlooked final step that can open up a slew of new opportunities with your interviewer.
About the Guest
Julie Fry is the Founder of Your Expert Guest, a podcast guest booking agency for thought leaders that want visibility without spending HOURS on social media.
She’s passionate about the magic that can happen in your business when you connect with the right host of the right podcast
Julie and her team help entrepreneurs with everything they need to attract new clients from their podcast guest appearances.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode: